Home About us Editorial board Ahead of print Current issue Search Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
  • Users Online: 270
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Cover page of the Journal of Health Sciences
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Year : 2014  |  Volume : 7  |  Issue : 1  |  Page : 52-54

A study to evaluate the effectiveness of street play on alcoholism among young adults residing in Shivapur village of a Handignur Primary Health Center, Belgaum


Department of Community Health Nursing, KLE University's Institute of Nursing Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka, India

Correspondence Address:
Shivraj R Dandagi
Lecturer, Department of Community Health Nursing, KLE University's Institute of Nursing Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/2349-5006.135093

Rights and Permissions

An evaluative study was conducted on effectiveness of street play on alcoholism among 50 adolescents of Shivapur Village who were selected using simple random sampling technique.. A pre-experimental one-group pretest-posttest design was used. A structured knowledge questionnaire was used as a tool for data collection and the data were tabulated and analyzed according to the objectives of the study using descriptive and inferential statistics. Posttest scores compared with pretest scores showed an observable increase in the knowledge of young\ adults as majority 42 (84%) of them had high knowledge and remaining 8 (16%) had average knowledge and no single young adult remained in low knowledge category. There was no association between the knowledge of young adults on alcoholism with the selected demographic variables.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed1417    
    Printed47    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded159    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal